Saturday, December 16, 2017

The New Peter Laing "Little Wars" Army

       With the recent infusion of Peter Laing Victorian Parade Highlanders and Guards, I have come to the realization that I no longer really need to use my home cast infantry figures for my current wargames. I found that I can now form at least 3 Peter Laing Little War legions. Both the Guards and Highlanders will be able to muster 6 infantry units, with attached cavalry and artillery. Currently my "Regular Infantry" will consist of 2 infantry units and 1 sapper unit.  Thus, my home casts will be put into reserves.
    I do have several single Victorian Parade figures. Among them are a single Rifles Officer  and Rifles Bugler figure. I am thinking of using these figures the same way Sharpe is used in the Sharpe's series of books; having him take command of regulars for special missions.
4 Guards and 3 Highlander units, along with the Colonel of the Guards and bicycle unit.

The Colonel of the Highlanders receiving new paint.

1 unit of Guards, among with the 2 units of regulars and unit of sappers.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are truly inspiring figures that make me want to get in more gaming.

    ReplyDelete